Sunday, February 13

Half past February

It's just about half past February, and I think that perhaps I need an intervention; this time it will not be for knitting. I think that I need to stop buying books, even though they are incredibly delicious and I devour one after another in lusty fashion; I just can't help myself.. I just can't seem to help myself. I just finished Eats, Shoots & Leaves this morning and frankly, I feel really good. [It was also rather rainy when I woke up, which helped to boost my mood.] I can't even begin to elaborate on all the things I learned; I think that perhaps I have neglected the semicolon for far too long now, and I shall have to practise using it. Alas.

I do wish, however, that when people refer to a succession of three dots, "..." , that they should refrain from calling them "dot, dot, dot"; it's simply not right. Ellipsis! It's called an ellipsis! I shall tattoo it upon my wrist if I have to.


If homework should call, tell him I'm not in right now; please take a message.

No comments: