Friday, December 10

Wax Bush and sex toys

I discovered a bit of amusement today when I was catching up on Neil's journal. It's an article from CNN about Madame Tussaud's Nativity display, which depicts Kylie Minogue as the angel and George W. Bush as one of the wisemen, among other amusing celebrities. [You can flip through a few pictures there.] I found it to be a nice commentary, especially Bush's oxymoronic role. An official from the Vatican said that "it was sometimes acceptable to use modern figures in the supporting roles because it can help make Christmas contemporary — but not the central characters."

-- brief pause --

I got distracted just now and I have to rant. I am sitting the the "LarLar" computer room, screwing around online and stuff. My roommate comes in to check her email, back from Wal-Mart [where, by the by, she goes more than any person I've ever met], and she tells me this long-ass story about how she locked herself out of the room and how the RA let her in. And then [wait for it — the kicker's coming] she told me that she went to an "adult toy party" and that she had bought "an adult toy" [I don't know why she didn't just say "sex toy" like the rest of the world.] and that she had to go buy "some of that liquid stuff" [I'm thinking ... lube.] and that it would be here either next week or during J-term and frankly I just don't want to know things like that about her at all. I think I might scream. I, like Franzie, feel the need to throw a tantrum*.

I hate the feeling that I want to kill puppies, but really ... I can't think of any other descriptor. Maybe rip my eyes out with the antenna on my cell phone or something. But seriously, people. I should take up kick boxing. I am seriously needing some de-stress time and frankly, I'm wondering why I'm more stressed by my roommate than homework. Oh, wait. She's crazy.

*Usually this is when I get back to my room and my roommate is sleeping in the middle of the day, but sometimes you just need to make an exception.

No comments: