Wednesday, December 8

This, too

It's days like today when you wonder just how much trouble you'll get into for bludgeoning your roommate with her alarm clock. It's Wednesday, which means that I get to bed late and have lots of time to sleep in - or at least that's how it's supposed to work. But today, like many other days, I was woken up by an alarm clock that I do not own and that goes off for what seems like hours. Sometimes I have to tell my roommate to wake up. How could she not hear that stupid thing? It's loud enough to wake the dead. [I'm sure Gertrude, our resident ghost, hates it as well.] Also, the phone decided to ring this morning [it's never for me in the mornings], before my alarm started going off. What did my roommate do? Barely move through the first two rings, and on the third, she sat up and tried to turn off her alarm clock. So of course I got out of bed like I always do when the phone rings in the morning, answer it, and hand it to my roommate. It was her mother. Reminding her to do her homework, I later come to find out.

This, too, shall pass.

Later ...

I went back to my room to get my books for my classes. I'm walking down the hall, and I hear the tinkling of ... an alarm clock. As I approach my room, it gets louder. I walk into my room and witness the inevitable - she is still sleeping. This was at about 1:05 in the afternoon. This is bad times, I tell you.

And it was warm and damp in there, to boot. Gag me.

No comments: