Monday, November 1

November

I've finished my paper, thank heavens [or maybe thank the Buddha]. It's a badly written paper, and I don't expect a very good grade on it at all. I think I pretty much butchered the ideas of emptiness and no-self. Ah, well. Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Having finished this paper, I've noticed a lot of bloggers joining NaNoWriMo [National Novel Writing Month] and I have to admit - I'm kind of intrigued. I've written short stories before, and I think it would just be really ... interesting to write a novel. I don't know how I'd manage to do a novel when I can't even write a measly four-page paper, but still ... it would give me something to do during those long nights at the paper. Something to ponder over dinner, I think.

Also, today I gave my Greek prof. the scarf I knitted for her. It's Lion Brand Homespun, a simple garter stitched scarf that only took me a few days [once I settled on the yarn and the pattern]. Anyway, I just got a thank you note in my email, and she kept trying to insist on paying me, but I refused. Here's the note.

I wanted to thank you again for the *really cool* scarf--and of course not just for the finished product but also for all the time you put into it!! You're sure you won't accept any compensation for it??


--

It's food time, so I'm off. I'm sure there will be something or other later during work.

No comments: