Tuesday, November 9

Aurora, too

It seems that the biddy has resurrected herself, at least in the blog-ly state. It's good times.

Also, a while after I posted about the aurora borealis, my mom called. She and my dad had gone outside of town, and my dad was, of course, taking photos. Or at least trying. I think he broke his camera at some point. Some button popped off and he was "muttering some interesting words," according to my mom. It was a strange-yet-beautiful phenomenon, not only to be seeing this amazing display of nature, but to be seeing the same thing at the same time as my mom and talking about it together over cell phones. [I even took my earbud thing for its first test-drive, and it was fun and exciting. At least for 11pm it was.]

Today, however, was not as good a day as all that, except for the fact that it's Dustro's 22nd. I talked to the head of the classics department today for the first time - does that seem odd to anyone else? I mean, we have a small department [two profs and a head that we share with religion], and you'd think that she'd see my name on the very short list of classics majors and say to herself, "Hmm, I don't think I've talked to this person ever before - maybe I should look into that." Of course, I could be trying to make excuses for not taking the initiative to go and talk to her myself. I've been a Latin major for at least two years now.

Sometimes being a slacker doesn't pay off. No, wait. Being a slacker rarely pays off.

--

By the by, the top chunk of this post was meant to be posted last night, but we got done early for once [at 10.30!], so I didn't have a chance.

Also, I'm feeling a little bit better about the whole major/minor situation, in that it's looking like I'll end up getting a classics major with a Latin minor [sorry that I didn't mention that before]. I think, in most respects, that it will be fine. Fine.

And I'm supposed to be going to meditate here in a few days for my Buddhism class.

No comments: