Tuesday, June 22

Tuesday.

I have been catching up on my sleep. It's been insane, really, the amount of sleep I've gotten in the past couple of nights. Of course, I was slightly delirious and thought that today was Wednesday, but other than that, things are fairly decent.

By fairly I mean that June's rent was not taken care of with the initial deposit as previously supposed, which I was dismayed to hear this morning. So on July 1, we will all be paying two months worth of rent - a sad $277 to depart from my newly acquired bank account in Decorah.

Really, though, I can't complain. Dorian was fabulous, mixo was fun (although I still don't know if Johnny P ever showed up), and the return to near solitude was wonderful.

I've been finishing up The Poisonwood Bible, which has been quite entertaining and stimulating thus far. As a new cardholder at the public library (which is just down the street from our apartment), I will be devouring books at a hopefully high rate. (And, although I don't love being part of pop culture, I'm going to put myself on the waiting list for The DaVinci Code, which I've heard is worth the read.)

All in all, I'm a happy camper.

No comments: