Tuesday, June 29

Going well.

"Hope you are going well!" exclaimed Bubba at the end of his email.

Ah, that boy. I love that I know such vibrant people.

Things are going well, except for the bug bite I managed to get on my face. B and I went to Dunning's Spring last night for a KwikStar-sponsored picnicky dinner. Except for the bugs, it was very pleasant. The water was rushing along - in a hurry, I suppose - and it was incredibly cool there (temperature-wise).

I've moved on from The Poisonwood Bible to Bel Canto, and I might begin reading a couple of others, too. I brought Prodigal Summer back from home (written by the same author as TPB), and I'm going to check out at least two books here at the public library. Of course, there's always The Inferno to continue on - I've stalled temporarily at Canto 3.

Chez Pizza Ranch isn't so bad ... sure, the managers are neurotic, but it's money. And I've managed to acquire $4 in tips so far - a rather large feat during the buffet hours (which are the only ones I work).

Oh, and I finally got to watch Kissing Jessica Stein last night with B, and the ending was very disappointing. I'm sad that she didn't stick with Helen ...

No comments: