Friday, January 16

Beautiful, despite the weather

It's mid-January in the Midwest. True, it's getting colder, but I'm still enjoying life. Today was relaxing, which was quite surprising. I was up late last night chatting with some friends in the hallway. A diversion that I didn't expect to last for more than an hour lasted for at least three. I finally made it back to my room around 3.45 [Viertel vor vier, auf Deutsch] and crashed until about 10.00. I took a leisurely shower and made my way to lunch, thinking about my German test and inserting German words at random intervals throughout the meal. We took our test, which was pretty much as easy as the first one, and then had a break until 2.05, at which point I hurried back home to say goodbye to a friend who's spending the weekend with her girlfriend and her family. Upon returning to class, we had Konversation in small group, and I had a lot of fun - our group was full of laughs. I had to pantomime a movie for "George Bush" to watch, so I made up a random scene with lots of tears and anger. Wonderful. And after that I spent some time playing with a friend's cat, Bella. How sweet it is to get clawed up by a furry animal on a chilly Friday.

Just got Dar Williams' Iowa stuck in my head, and I'm happy.

No comments: