Monday, December 15

Et cetera

Today was very relaxing in a way that the beginning of finals week usually isn't. I only had one final today, and since it was of the take-home persuasion, we were having a leisurely coffee-and-breakfasty-things gathering at the prof's apartment. It started out a little awkward in that nobody really knew what to do with themselves, but we got into some very interesting discussions on books and movies and current events and the like. I love listening to intellectuals just bantering about. I hope I get to keep having opportunities like that in the future.

Also, I stumbled upon the Mayfly Project today. The only instruction is to sum up 2003 in twenty words or less. My submission follows. I grew intellectually and creatively, came out to my family, lost and gained friends, lost family, cried little, loved much. I think it's a good representation of the past year. Not a bad year, really. But what's a bad year? Life's a roller coaster of ups and downs, so I just hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

No comments: