Monday, February 23

I want to be a mad scientist.

I attended a ten-year-old's birthday party on Saturday. A mad science birthday party. I can't even begin to say how cool it is to have a science party. The mom even had a "mad scientist" come for an hour. (Also, I just checked out their website, and they're hiring. How much fun would that be?) You better believe I wore my Dr. Horrible t-shirt to the party.


My mom and I doing the wave, green "slime",
and an incredibly cute hedgehog.


(That scarf the hedgehog's wearing is my handiwork: just a quick double crochet with fringe.)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: work has been driving me crazy. (So much so that I've been moving a number of my more important files to flash drive, which I should have done before.) Maybe I will apply for a mad scientist job.

1 comment:

Susan Wells said...

I love the picture and the hedgehog. Is that a giant cup of slime or orange juice? It is hard to tell. I work at Steve Spangler Science and did a Mad Scientist party for my daughter a few months ago. It was so much fun (and the parents loved it too). As a parent I think it is so encouraging to science making a comeback. Maybe not as strong in the schools yet, but definitely in homes. If you would like to do more science or just be a mad scientist, please check out our website at http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/category/party-planning