Thursday, August 28

Blah blah Thursday blah

I tried something new this week: I joined The Evil League of Evil the land of music education. I am now a church choir director. (Okay, so I'm barely on the fringes of music ed. I didn't even wave my arms at rehearsal. It was low-key.)

There were a grand total of 14 people at last night's rehearsal, which is way more than I expected. (Now that I think of it, there are at least two or three more people who couldn't make it to rehearsal.) And I have loud altos. I was so proud of them.

I think it will work out well, although we'll find out for sure in about a week when I direct the first official choir piece during the service. And in October I'm going to direct them at the Covered Bridge Festival, too; they always like the local church choirs to sing the Sunday morning of the festival.

So that's that. And I haven't done any knitting since Sunday, as I haven't quite decided on what to do. I almost want to do another pair of socks. That afterthought heel turned out so well! (The toe, on the other hand, felt a little loose, but that can be adjusted for the next pair.)

That's all I've got. What about you?

No comments: