Wednesday, July 30

Carpal tunnel, here I come

Team Browncoat Ravelympics I really meant to have updated my blog before now. As you can see, dear reader, I have not.

But what I really came here to talk to you about today is the Ravelympics. More precisely, the fact that I am now signed up on three teams and knitting three different projects. That's three projects to finish in 17 days — the length of the Olympics. Why three? Because I'm a crackhead. Honestly, it started with one team and one project, and grew astronomically from there.

My Ravelympics Projects (linked to my Rav project pages)
  • Kaylee socks: I entered these in the Sock Put event. I'm knitting them primarily for Team Browncoat, because they're Firefly themed. But I added them to Team Welcome because I felt like it.
  • Spring Things shawl: For the Shawl Relay. I'll be using the yarn I got in Decorah at the beginning of Dorian: Dream in Color Baby. This is entered in Team Knitted Together and Team Welcome.
  • Gerda Stole: This lovely project I just added today. I fell in love with the pattern a couple days ago, and I bought some Lacey Lamb at Knitted Together, and ... well the two just coincided. I'm knitting this delight for all three teams: Team Welcome, Team Browncoat, and Team Knitted Together.


Now I think I'll fiddle with my blog a bit so I can get the WIPs section back on the sidebar so's you can keep track of my progress.

The earliest I can cast on for these projects is 7 a.m. on August 8 (which is local time for 8 p.m. Beijing on August 8). And you better believe I'll be up early to cast on. I've got three bloody projects for 17 days, after all!

No comments: