Monday, April 14

Xa's Guide to Style

I got a hot new trench. I'm pretty sure Tim Gunn and Stacey and Clinton would all be impressed.


The girl in the picture is not me.


I generally shy away from wearing white. I tried the coat on at Torrid and was checking myself out in the mirror. A salesgirl walked by as I was taking off the jacket and asked if I liked it. I said, "I kinda love it." And then I went to the checkout and bought it.

Aside from the trench, I also bought three books and some yarn. I got a hank of Skacel Merino Lace in taupe, all 1375 yards of it, for a shawl. It's Laminaria, and I started it last night. (I cast on using US 2 needles instead of US 4. I didn't realize this until this morning. I plead temporary insanity. Now I need to buy more lace needles ... darn.) I also got five skeins (1200 yards total) of Crystal Palace Kid Merino in black. It will also become a shawl, probably. I find black to be slightly more wearable in my wardrobe ... though I just got that white trench, so maybe white will be the new black.

No comments: