Tuesday, March 11

Koolhaas is finished

I don't know that I mentioned when I posted yesterday that I finished Koolhaas on Friday.

Koolhaas hat
PhotoBooth, how I love thee!


Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood, IK Holiday '07 (Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in dusty olive
Needles: US 6 Boye Balene and US 8 aluminum (both 16" circs); US 8 Clover bamboo
Cast on: February 26
Cast off: March 7

But what's really distracted me on Ravelry today is the thread on Mystical Creation Yarns. I've finally caught up with the train wreck of a thread which, at 2,137 posts, is a marathon to read. (There were nearly 200 posts to catch up on from what I'd read last night.) The thread concerns the poor business practices of the owner of said online yarn shop. This person has now allegedly faked her own death. It's sad, gossip-y, and really hard to look away (hence "train wreck").

Oh, and my new favorite radio station is Capitol 106.3, because when I turned it on this afternoon the song playing was Tori Amos' "A Sorta Fairytale." (And for the record, I turned it on when I got home for lunch at 3:30. Three-freaking-thirty.)

No comments: