Tuesday, December 11

Not dead yet!


I live by the red dot. White is snow, pink is ice, green is rain.


It really wasn't bad out this morning. But of course, I didn't have to try to keep tires on a road, so my perspective is a little different. I did, however, have wet insoles by the time I got to work; my shoes are clearly not as water repellent as I once believed.

I've been knitting up a storm lately, having had a number of ideas for xmassy sorts of presents. I've done up a hat for the brother that is going to visit his girlfriend in Maine and not be home during the holidays except for two days at the end. It's a Karma Hat, done up with a fun alternate decrease a la Brooklyn Tweed that keeps the cable pattern. (Jared at BT, by the by, has the most gorgeous photographs of knitting. Have a look-see, even if you're not a knitter.)

Karma Hat
I swear I was awake. I swear.


I'm also doing up a hat for my other brother using the Cameron's Cap pattern. It's the same grey wool (Lamb's Pride Worsted) with few color accents in turquoise and ruby. I don't have a photo of it yet.

I will be starting my first foray into the world of knitting with beads, as I plan to begin Ice Queen from the Winter Knitty soon. It's going to be out of some purple and lime Crystal Palace Kid Merino, which is left over from a short scarf I knit last year. I even picked out some pretty coordinating beads.

And I want to make some ruby slippers from Berroco's Sacha slippers in a sparkly red yarn. (I forget which it is at the moment.)

As for a giftie for dear old dad, maybe I'll make up a pattern for a towel-shaped bookmark — I'm giving him a volume of Douglas Adams.

Anyway, I really have to get working, or I'll be here forever tonight.

No comments: