Wednesday, July 25

Bring your long, heavy zucchinis!

It may be that I have a dirty mind, but this excerpt from a letter to the editor sounds just dreadful.

The Farmers Market would like to invite all those gardeners out there to enter our first-ever Biggest Zucchini Contest. We will have two classes — heaviest and longest.

It is open to the public and simple to enter. Bring your giant zucchinis to the market by 9 a.m. on Saturday. The entry fee is $1 per zucchini.


Only $1 each? Hell. Bring your zucchinis, kids! We'll have a grand time!



Meanwhile, I have not been knitting. I have been squeezing every ounce I can muster of the county fair out of my brain. And I've been reading the Dark is Rising sequence. I'm set to start The Dark is Rising today after work, having finished Over Sea, Under Stone this morning. I really love this series, even though it's young adult. Hooray for young adult fiction!

That's really all. I need to wash dishes and do laundry something terrible.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok. That zucchini ad is freekin' hillarious! I love it. I bet it was a bunch of men writing it and wondering how dirty they could get before the editor told them to tame it down. He He He.

xamonster said...

Actually, that letter to the editor was written by a woman. And I'm pretty sure I might have met her before ...