Monday, June 25

Recovery, please.

And we're back!

Dorian was a blast this year. Lots of things were a little different, some were a lot different, but most remained the same. Right now I'm quite tired, having run after various junior and senior high school kids for two weeks (including one very heavily medicated, anxiety ridden Flying Squirrel — oh the stories I could tell, especially about pink and purple bunnies who ballroom dance professionally ...).

I spent an extra night in Decorah last night, owing mostly to the need to eat Mexican food with friends and the reluctance to drive 4 hours while tired. I played a lot of cribbage with the Medic, who is even good at strategy after being maimed by Dunning's Spring. I listened to people talk about lots of random stuff, including both the latest issue of Cosmo and prevalence of Dorian groups on Facebook.

Also, over Dorian I accidentally discovered a very good Greek rock band while listening to Ellinikos FM on iTunes during the art classes. The band is Gimna Kalwdia (ΓΥΜΝΑ ΚΑΛΩΔΙΑ), and they have two full albums available for download on their site. (Found this out quite by accident earlier today.)

Anyway, I'm here and I'm tired plumb tuckered out. Amazing how I always seem to need a vacation after my "vacation." But alas, I must work.

No comments: