Wednesday, January 24

Gunn-ing for fashion

Speaking of Tim Gunn ... We've got this news too about Tim from the Bravo tv site:

"On February 1st and 8th, our own Mr. Gunn will be appearing on ABC’s (Golden Globe Winner) "Ugly Betty." And, he’s not playing himself! He'll appear as a fashion reporter who covers a controversy that takes place at “Mode” – the show’s fictional fashion magazine.

We can’t wait to see Tim in an honest-to-goodness “February ratings sweeps” spectacle. Who knew he could act?"

post on Craftster

He had this to say at Blogging Project Runway. Oh baby, oh baby.




I spent nearly an hour this morning trying not to scream expletives at various electronic devices here in the office. We have a new postage software, which generates both labels (with barcodes, ooh ahh) and a postal form. Except the freaking label template would not agree with how the paper was fed through the printer. Usually, with the old system, I had labels done by 10:30 max. Today I finished at a quarter to 1. I was nearly livid, and quite frazzled. Thankfully, my mom rescued me and we went to lunch.

I came back, preparing to pull out more hair, as I hadn't done the postal form yet. It turns out that last Thursday, when I was on the phone with California for what seemed like forever, we got the form set up wrong. Obviously, we publish a periodical, and so qualify for periodical postage. Well, the darn guy had us set up for standard mail.

We have been paying roughly $290 per week for the past couple of months, so imagine my surprise when, with everything calculated together under standard mail, the postage came out to nearly $330. Yikes. But today, now that I fixed the form, postage cost $150 — half of what we've been paying. So either I did it completely wrong today (which is entirely possible as I'm not omnicient, contrary to all y'all's beliefs) or we've been doing it completely wrong for the past two years (at least). Dear Maude, I hope that today's was right. Maybe then El Boss won't be so cranky.

Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a new Lime & Violet episode to listen to.

No comments: