Wednesday, November 29

Hump Day

The suckiest thing about being sick is that I've quarantined myself from all crafy endeavors until this plauge passes. I'm pretty sure I'm on the tail end of it, but it's very, very boring to sit in front of the television all night and vegetate. Especially when one looks slightly like a stoner due to clogged nasal passages.

I'm kind of wondering if Fyberduck's Rabbi perhaps took a recent a trip to Missouri to give this bug to my cousin. The symptoms she's describing (headachey, itchy throat, feeling cold) sound just like what I've been dealing with over the past few days. It's made the rounds in the family, too: my dad's had it, one of my brothers has it now, and my other cousin, who just flew back to Louisiana yesterday, took it with her (on the plane! not good to be flying with the flu going around).

The good news is that I'm feeling much better; I didn't wake up until almost 5 this morning, which is the closest thing to a full night's sleep I've had in a week. The rock-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach feeling has lessened as well — it's almost completely gone. I still have a sore throat, and I'm afraid to eat much more than toast, but I think the end is near for this beast. That's a good thing, because these hand sanitizers are really drying out my skin. Ew.

In much more exciting news, I may get to meet a new Knitty friend this weekend, if our : shiarah from the Knitty Coffeeshop. We're thinking of meeting up at a LYS I haven't yet visited, The Village Knit Wit. Hooray!

No comments: