Tuesday, October 10

Latitude

This is where I work.
This is where I live.
This is where my parents live.

Note the not-so-far distance between the three. Turn on "hybrid". That dot on the street by the last one? That's probably my dad's car. Sing with me now: It's a small world after all ...




So I was working on my Snicket socks again last night. This time I even managed to watch all of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. After the movie was over, I flicked around on the channels until I came across a very interesting specimen: the pilot episode of The X-Files. And that one takes place in Oregon. (I'd forgotten that, Fyberduck! How ironic.) And in true X-Files + knitting form, I actually made progress. I'm finally done with the 20-row cuff. (Sing with me: Ce-le-brate good times, come on!)

In all actuality, I knit 40 rows of cuff, as I'm doing the 2S2C method again. But boy ... two-stitch cables on US 2 needles? It's a little bit slippery going. I'm using a wooden 5-inch DPN as a cable needle, but I'm starting to think that even that is too long. Really, I feel like I'm fumbling when I try to cable these socks. I've tried Grumperina's cabling without a cable needle trick and, while that's nice for six-stitch cables, it's not really doing it for my two-stitch mini-cables. Maybe I just need a little more practice ... and patience.

In other randomness, I'd like to see The Science of Sleep. I hear there are good knitting scenes.


Edited: That's what I get for not checking my links. Thanks, Dustro.

No comments: