Wednesday, September 27

Eso si que es!

Socks. Let me tell you about socks.

I left work yesterday at about 2:45 for a (very) late lunch and to finish my Socks of Doom. I got a sandwich and took them to the park, where I finished all but trimming the tails. (Forgot the scissors.) So then I went home to get the envelope and the letter I'd printed to my victim ... and was greeted by a new pair of socks. That's right: my Socks of Doom arrived from my assassin just as I was going to send mine out. Oh, the irony!

So, of course, I sat the socks down for a photo shoot, since it's usually a ne'er the twain shall meet situation.

Two Socks of Doom


My feet get the lovely pink socks, which are the. softest. socks. ever. Deliciously soft. My victim's feet get the striped socks, which are themselves quite soft and fuzzy (oh, are they fuzzy!). Why I decided initially that stripes would be good was beyond me, as there were plenty of ends to weave in before I could call them "done". But I'm a fan of the stripes, in the end, and I almost wish I'd striped the entire sock. Almost. (Though now this makes me want to knit Elphaba socks with green and black. Even the roomies think so. And with DK, it wouldn't last forever, which I love.)

Stripes of Doom They're on their way to Florida, and are in a killin' mood. I hope that my victim enjoys them, and that they're not too big. (I kind of forgot how to read patterns for a minute after turning the heel, which resulted in a slightly larger sock than it should have been. I noticed the mistake as I got to the toe decreases, and there was no way I was going to frog a total of 16 1/2 inches to fix it. I do hope they fit!)

Gas has dropped below $2 ... by a penny. There are a couple of places in the state where gas is $1.95. So if'n any of y'all want to move to Iowa, now is the time!

No comments: