Monday, August 14

Canasta?

The lesbian convention was a success. The weekend was filled with Karaoke Revolution, canasta, word games, the state fair, and random stories. I would've taken pictures, but my camera' s batteries were pooping out, and I couldn't find any more.

We (lesbian convention minus two roommates) spent 10 hours at the fair on Saturday, arriving just a bit after 8 a.m. so that we could watch the Cheviot (Chevy-UT) sheep show. As we walked through the sheep barn, I couldn't help but think "wool with legs" the whole time. Those Lincolns had the curliest wool ... (how do you get your pig's hair to curl like that?) I saw an angora goat as well. Mmm ... mohair. For lunch we had lamb burgers (B-e-e-e-th, don't e-e-e-at me!) and sweet potato fries from the po-boy stand. We pretty much wandered around all day. There was an African acrobatics troupe, which was really cool to watch, and there were Bengal tigers as well (which was across from the tractor displays. Very strange). It was hard finding places to sit pretty much all day. We finally called it quits around 6 and went home for games and chat.

I'm glad we all got to see each other again. I hope we can get together again soon.




I just talked to my mom a few minutes ago, and she said my POTC package arrived. (Why it went to their house instead of mine is a little confusing, but that's the post office for ya.) I'll go home for lunch in a while, so maybe I can take pictures and stuff. Woo!

I'm out for now.

No comments: