Friday, July 14

"Research", et cetera

The roommates (and the dog!) are gone for the weekend; with any luck they'll be in Missouri this afternoon. I have the house to myself this weekend, and the cats are in charge without the dog to harass them. It's nice to have a quiet house, and to not have to put the baby gate up to keep the dog from chewing on my WIPs and books.

Plans for the weekend include seeing Pirates again, this time with the family. I'm excited, as now I will get to do a little more "research" for the swap. Otherwise, I fully intend to clean house. (Four furry animals = lots of hair. Ew.) My closet has somehow been taken over with laundry, so that's on the agenda as well. I'll also continue reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini (who is just a few months younger than I, apparently), which I borrowed from my brother. I really thought it would take me longer to get into the book, according to what an acquaintance told me, but it only took part of a chapter. It's also being released as a movie in mid-December. Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich are both in it. Yummy.

Anyway, back to work. I imagine I'll see you on Monday to regale you with stories of pirates and the crusade against dust bunnies in a verysmallhouse.

No comments: