Wednesday, July 5

And really bad eggs ...

Pirate Dreads My goal is to go to Pirates this weekend in costume. As Captain Jack. To the right, you see the dreads I'm making with Red Heart acrylic, fun fur, and a strand or two of gold embroidery floss. My brothers even approved, so I like 'em. I plan to post the finished pics in my Flickr under the yarrrn tag.

Now I just have to find my eyeliner ...




"So, now that you've got your degree, what are you going to do?" "Have you done any more thinking about what you're going to do with your degree?" "What's your degree again?"

I do get a little bit tired of questions such as these. I find it interesting that people continue to ask me what's next, if this newspaper gig is just temporary, if I'm still pursuing music. (I get that last one a lot, especially from people that have barely talked to me since high school. Things have changed since then, and I forget sometimes that they all weren't given notice.)

But really, I'm quite content at staying where I am right now. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop going on adventures, or stop learning, or yearn to become a librarian or professional fiber artist or anything. It just means that I'm going to be in limbo here for a while, so get used to it. I enjoy my job, repetitive though it is; I enjoy my house, small and cluttered; I enjoy my cat, despite the fact that he attacks my face while I'm trying to read and my yarn while I'm trying to knit. I enjoy being single, even. I just enjoy being.




This introspective moment has been interrupted by the new Knitty. Hooray! (I almost had an aneurysm for all the socks ...)

No comments: