Tuesday, May 30

Sock starter

Crimson Mittens graph Websites as graphs presents your very own crimson mittens. What do the colors mean?

blue: for links (the A tag)
red: for tables (TABLE, TR and TD tags)
green: for the DIV tag
violet: for images (the IMG tag)
yellow: for forms (FORM, INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT and OPTION tags)
orange: for linebreaks and blockquotes (BR, P, and BLOCKQUOTE tags)
black: the HTML tag, the root node
gray: all other tags
And they Flickr, too.




I seem to be doing a spectacular job at casting on for socks. In fact, I've cast on for four different pairs in the last couple of weeks, including one last night. The only problem with that is that I've been using the same needles each time, excepting the Hello Yarn skull socks, which are on US 3 and currently in a holding pattern while I rechart the skull for symmetry's sake.

I started Jaywalkers in KnitPicks Sock Garden (stargazer lily, I think) but stopped due to too many irritating mistakes — I probably shouldn't have taken those to see The Da Vinci Code. Then I started a pattern that came with the Genola Sunset yarn that I purchased from the GreenwoodFiberworks Etsy shop a month ago. I came to a screeching halt with that one because the yarn came in a hank and I didn't think to wind it into a ball before trying to knit it up. The yarn is now a half-wound, half-tangled blob. It's a gorgeous color, at least. The socks I began last night are from the pattern mimo's 2x2 socks, which I'm knitting in the sock yarn that Fyberduck gifted.

I must admit, I'm really itching to make some complicated Norwegian socks, but I just haven't gotten a pattern for them yet. There's one in Nancy Bush's Folk Socks that I've seen a lot of people do, and I think I may give those a whirl.

Aside from mimo's socks, I also began reading P.G. Wodehouse's Something New, which I purchased at a used bookstore called Far From the Madding Crowd, located in Valley Junction. You can read the book online at Project Guttenberg, as well.

As for today, it's been the most sluggish day ever. I feel like I've been here for five hours, not three. Oh, and the Letter is definitely a no-go for publishing. (I also explained that it's a form letter, which helped.)

No comments: