Wednesday, April 26

Lilac-adaisical

Lilacs 004Despite the nice weather (except for waking up icy this morning), I feel a bit blah and uninspired. I managed to take some nice pictures of flowers and other springy stuff, though, so that's happy.

Living in a verysmallhouse with a very large dog with a penchant for gnawing on underwear who is prone to chewing up anything he can sink his teeth into is beginning to wear on me. He chewed the binding of my $5 Queen of Clean book the other day. I think it's still readable, but I'm afraid he might go for my Turkish pillows or Daniel, my Heart-to-Heart bear. (Don't worry — the yarn's already hidden in the closet which, unlike my bedroom, has an actual door.) I'm going to go to evil Wal-Mart soon (tonight?) and get a baby gate. They seem to deter him enough.

Cookout 007 We had a cookout on Saturday. I managed to remember the sunblock in time to not get sunburned. I was so proud of myself. You can view a couple of photos of KT, Brie, her 'rents and their very large vehicle if you click our house.

Here's a clever way to use up bits of yarn, which I spotted this morning somewhere on Craftster. If you don't enjoy knitting i-cord or with beads, then this may not be the project for you. (Or maybe it will convert you.)

It seems we may be printing the paper elsewhere, so it looks like I have some actual work to do.

ETA: Was going to buy some yarns at WEBS but decided against it. Woohoo for restraint! Also, since the new Curves opened the other day, my mom and I have a tour thingy tomorrow. Hooray for fitness!

No comments: