Wednesday, March 22

Socks, Gunn, Cookies

Kilt Hose 001 So I started a new pair of socks. Broadripple just didn't work out, as you can see from my lack of progress. So instead, I began to work on John Anderson's Kilt Hose. The yarn is Patons Classic Merino in Leaf Green (or olive or something). Needles are US2 DPNs.

I like the pattern so far, except for the toe decreases. One side looks right, but the other is inside out. Any pointers so that I can do it right on the second sock? (Assuming I get past the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome, of course.)

-----


Tim Gunn, "You're the one thing I can't get enough of ..." I'm sharing this because, even though this video is meant to showcase the boys of 35D, there's plenty of Tim Gunn in there to keep me members of the Tim Gunn Fanclub happy. As do these following questions from a recent interview:
One thing you have in your house from your childhood: Mr. Wee, a floppy stuffed animal [giraffe-like] covered in the upholstery of our living room couch at that time. Considering that he's my age, it's remarkable that he's only missing a leg.

What would we find in your closet? More Banana Republic than you can imagine.


Now if only those darn Girl Scouts would stop leaving their cookies lying around ...

No comments: