Friday, March 24

Listen up, punks!


Cwafting.
I've been working on my Princess Bride Swap items. No photos for now, but let's just say I'm using Roxycraft for rodential inspiration.

Family.
My grandpa had surgery yesterday. He had a dual defibrillator / pacemaker sort of thing put in to help him deal with some congestive heart failure, among other things. My mom went to the hospital with him yesterday, and said he did very well. He should be going home sometime today.

Podcasting.
I listen to quite a few podcasts on a regular basis. Some of you might be interested in tuning in, so these are a few of my subscriptions.

Quirky Nomads: The story of a family that said, "If the Republicans get any worse, we're moving to Canada." And then? They really did. It's usually between six and eight minutes long, but today's is 20 minutes or so. Miscellaneous storytelling. I recommend it.
Rubyfruit Radio: Where it's all girls, all the time. Each podcast is usually about 30 minutes long. Heather, the host, recently had an interview with Amy Ray, which was pretty cool. (Episode 34 if you're interested.) I've discovered a couple of songs that I like from bands I've only listened to a little (or albums I don't own), like Sleater-Kinney's "Jumpers" and Amy Ray's "Pennies on the Track".
Cast-On: A podcast with knitting flavanoids; hosted by Brenda Dayne. Brenda's on a little bit of a hiatus right now, and is having some people fill in for her. (Episode 15: Working Up a Sweater was really hilarious, by the way: Dave from the Chub Creek podcast was the temp host.) These are usually 45 minutes to an hour long, and have essays and music mingling.
The Mosh Knit: Are you a punk rocker who happens to knit? This one was inspired by Cast-On, but has punky flair, rather than Brenda's folky tendencies. Sometimes not so work appropriate, but I still like it a lot. Brooklynne, the hostess with the mostess is a lot of fun to listen to. Her shows are getting increasingly longer — this week's is almost 50 minutes.
CraftSanity: mostly interviews with crafty people, which I find myself listening to more as background noise than anything else (though it's still a good podcast). I don't usually have an hour-long chunk of time to listen to interviews, so I only tend to hear snippets. Especially on Mondays and Tuesdays.


Adieu for today, lovers.

No comments: