Tuesday, January 31

End-of-January rollercoaster

Today's been an up-and-down kind of day. First, I got woken up early to help my mom retrieve a piece of show choir clothing from the van. Fine, except that when I was getting in my car, I bashed my head on the door frame. Ouch. I went back to bed.

Then, as I was walking to work (because my dad still hasn't put the new battery in his car), I passed Brie and KT's house and saw not one but two Jeeps parked in the driveway. Brie saw her old one at a car lot yesterday, called them up, and got it back this morning (for almost half the price he was asking). Hooray for a two-Jeep family!

But then KT called later to say that their poor black lab, Luka, was going to be spending the next week at the vet. Apparently he got infected with parvo, and there's a chance he might die. He looked awful last night when I saw him, and KT said he'd been vomiting all day yesterday, so she'd made an appointment to take him to the vet this afternoon. He must've gotten worse overnight, because she called me at just after noon to give me the news. Now they're stuck disinfecting (bleaching) the entire house and yard. And their roommate's dog has gone to stay with her mom. That will leave the house eerily quiet, with only the four cats vying for attention.

I hope the poor thing gets better.

No comments: