Saturday, December 10

Saturday stuff

Being unable to make the trans-Iowa trek to the bulbous nose, I've been doing a little knitting [as per usual].

I just finished Esther about an hour ago. Even the edging. I'm no crocheter [hooker], so it looks a little dull and lifeless instead of its intended scallop-y nature. But that's fine with me — it fits wonderfully, and comes down to just about the right spot when I wear it. I will probably make another one, now that I've gotten the hang of it and done the decreases properly. I think I'll skip the edging next time and just work another half pattern repeat or so.

Honestly, when I was finishing it on my way up to Lutherland for Juletide, I must've been on crack. Of course, I was working on it in the car in a snowstorm [nearly] in the almost-dark, so that could have been part of the problem. Once I studied my shorthand of the pattern and realized that I'd done the decreases completely wrong, I ripped it out to the fourth-and-a-half repeat [just before any decreasing has begun] at the hotel, when we finall got there around 12 a.m. after the show. It sat around for about a week before I got up the guts to do the edging, partly because I didn't understand it but mostly because I didn't know how to do it. I'll be posting photos soon.

I've also been working on one of these guys, as well as a little entrelac action, which I'm greatly enjoying.

That's all, really. MJ's been griping for a hat, saying, "My head's too cold! Blah blah blah." So she might get one. But I've got to work on Dustro's hat, too. I'm too nice, really, knitting for all y'all.

No comments: