Wednesday, October 26

Popular

I cannot figure out how to increase and decrease while I am double knitting. Hell, I don't even know if I'm doing it right. I did, however, find a pretty great picture of a squirrel, and I managed to graph it out. I forsee knit squirrels in the future ...

Also, I've joined a Flickr group called a month of softies, mostly because October's theme is All Hallow's Hysteria. I plan to take hysteria quite literally. Probably more so than they expect.

-----


I forgot to write about the Concert Band concert I saw last week. They came all the way to Omaha, and, irony of ironies, they performed at a church less than ten blocks from the apartment. I didn't know such crazy things were possible.

Timmy called last Friday and said, "Where are you?" And I said, "Omaha." He replied, "Well, I'm on tour with Concert Band, just outside of Council Bluffs. We're performing at a church tonight -- it's on 114th and Center." I said, "You realize that's not very far from me." He laughed. I went. I listened to Timmy sing with a big ol' band behind him. It was pretty great. (Your voice has matured so much since I last heard you sing!) I got hugs from lots of Concert Band people that were very very surprised to see me there.

It was pretty great. It made me feel all pop u ler. lar. la la ... la la. we're gonna make you pop u lar. But seriously, good times.

No comments: