Thursday, September 15

Pu, c6b, psso, yo

Cybernetic Robotic Individual Manufactured for Sabotage and Online Nullification If you didn't catch on from the title, this is a knitting post.

I've slowed progress on the KYO Rock Star. It will stay in the WIPs bin for a while. I did, however, manage to complete Bubby* from the latest Knitty while watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I must say, he's pretty fabulous. I decided to go for the reclining pose (the one in the first picture if you click the link), and I even gave him a little loose necktie instead of a bow. I indend to make a larger one out of Lopi, even though it's a little less than cuddly. It'll still be cuter than a bug's ear.

I also must say that I greatly enjoy picking up stitches (pu). I realize that I did it incorrectly back when I was making all of those booties, but now that I've done Headline News and Bubby, I think I'm a pro. These pu skills will come in handy if I ever get to working on that blanket for my mom again.

And apparently I am Dishcloth Cotton** ... who knew?

It's time to finish catching up with my news via Chips and the BBC. And Indigo Girls concert tomorrow? Heck yes I'm excited!


* I'm not really sure how to pronounce 'Bubby', so in my head it goes something like 'Boobie'. No surprise there, really. It's probably supposed to rhyme with Slubby or something.

** You are Dishcloth Cotton. You are a very hard worker, most at home when
you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice. What kind of yarn are you? brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: