Friday, September 23

On my mind

IG Concert 058
Amy Ray
stolen from dustro.
First of all, Dustro, knitting has simply become my life and my obsession. The Betty Ford Clinic will not be hearing from me anytime soon. Just keep knitting, just keep knitting ... There's nothing you can do to tear me away from my needles.

Second of all (and the most un-knitting content you're likely to see around these parts), I desperately want to go back to Greece. Desperately, achingly, imploringly, hungrily ... It was just so mindblowing to be able to walk on the Acropolis and see structures that have been around for centuries, to take a tram up the inside of a hill and see the stunning-est view of Athens, to hang out with a couple of locals and do a little Greek dancing, to see the "navel of the world" (Delphi, not Easter Island), to listen to a bus driver's Ελλη Κοκκινου CD over and over. I want to soak up Greece. (Okay, that sounds disgusting out of context, but it's true.) I need to do something to jumpstart my brain. I need to break free from the chains, so to speak.

So I'm trying to find a program that I could go through, the most plausible being The American School of Classical Studies at Athens or The Arcadia Center (which may not work, as it seems to cater to undergrad students only). Two initial problems stand in my way:
  1. Lack of funds (always a problem anyway, even more so when student loan payments start up)
  2. Not being enrolled in a grad program
I'm not sure living in Omaha's the best way to rectify either of these situations. I'm not about to leave Omaha, though. Signing a 12-month lease is a little bit binding and a lot bit expensive to break (and rather mean to Dustro).

And that's what page my mind has been on lately.

No comments: