Sunday, September 4

Extended weekend

I've initiated Operation Make Mom Feel Terribly Guilty For Not Buying Her Favorite Daughter A Computer Even Though She Promised. It involved reminding her that I was going to use a certain scholarship to procure a certain computer, at which point she said, "No, no, use that for your tuition. We'll buy you a computer." Of course, then there was that lousy lawsuit that ended up costing somewhere in the 5-digit range. I thing that might jumpstart peace talks. Who knows?

I donated money to the Red Cross for the hurricane (despite quite understandable arguments against the Red Cross). It was only $5, though, which buys ... not much these days. Not even two gallons of gas ...

Dustro and Tracy and I went to Old Chicago last night for some tasty-yet-expensive pizza. I had a beer (monumental, I know). We returned to the apartment for a little Texas Hold 'Em, sprinkled liberally with tequila (in the sunrise and margarita varieties).

I finished Harry Potter and the Death of Dumbledore for the second time this morning. I was re-reading it for clues as to who R.A.B. could be. I wanted to take it a little more slowly this time, too.

I've almost completed a purple feathery scarf for the Aunt Who Still Hasn't Claimed Her Giant Apple. Next comes the hat. I also very much want to knit a Dr Who scarf for my dad. His birthday's in November, and I think he'd be very excited, as we used to watch the show together when I was little. (The URL for the scarf has now gotten a lot easier to remember: doctorwhoscarf.com, and I like the Season 12 scarf there. There's another at everything2.com.)

And I only have to work for four hours tomorrow, due to the vacation. It will count as eight. That's good news.


I need to find some healthier food, so I'm off to the kitchen.

No comments: