Monday, September 19

The concert

Concert 004
Concert 004,
originally uploaded by xamonster.
Friday was incredible. Our concert-going party expanded from three to five: Dustro and Mel and I were joined by Tracie and the Touched by Katrina NonRefugee (TBKNR), who decided to go at the last minute. When we finally got to Harrah's, we spent some time getting comfortable on our patch of grass and just chillin'.

And then it started. The opening act was pretty fabulous. The band was called Three 5 Human, and they're from Atlanta, GA. (Keep your ears open for them, Jon.) The lead singer Trina rocked my face off. She also sort of dances like I do. It was the strangest thing ever. She's got quite the set of pipes, and I think I'll be buying a CD.

And then the Girls took the stage. I don't really have words to describe it at the moment. There was just so much -- well, love -- in the air. (Not to mention lesbians, but they weren't in the air.) The only way I can describe it is Fabulous. I know that's a little dorky, but really, it was fabulous.

So was the bar we went to after the concert -- the Interlude Lounge (or 'the Lude'). And ladies and gentlewomen, I doubled my lifetime beer intake at that very bar. I have now had two whole beers in the past 22 years (and, coincidentally, in the past month. They've both been in Tracie's presence, so I think it may be her fault).

By the time we left the bar, we were mostly ravenous, and had to stop at the IHOP.

No comments: