Friday, July 29

Preparation O

All of the girls in the family have gotten their hair cut – including the dog. Unfortunately, now she looks a little bit like a chihuahua, except her head is smaller. She's highly amusing, but just as ferocious.

Now that the apartment is official, I've been devoting time to packing. I'm finding it difficult to get motivated to do a lot of things, although I've managed to throw out a lot of stuff that's just been sitting in the basement getting dirty and damp. And covered with spider webs. I really should get my butt moving a little more, but I think I've made a good amount of progress. I won't really have time for anything next week, thanks to work on Monday and Tuesday, and fleeing to Chicago on Wednesday (via CR to pick up Ashlee and company, of course). I figure I'll get back home sometime Thursday morning, hopefully before 11, so that I can put more crap in my car and drive another two hours to O-town. I think I'm going to find someone to be my surrogate sleeper, as I doubt I'll have time.

In knitting news, I've finished Mr BoJangles' birthday present, although presently it fits more like a lampshade than a fun stripey hat. I have an idea or two up my sleeve, though. Also, I've just frogged a blanket for my mom that I started to make sometime around last Christmas, due to the fact that it's far too long and much more boring than I anticipated. I've come up with a new pattern, thanks to Hip Knits, one of my more recent knitting book purchases. I'm planning on altering the pattern for a pillow / handbag. Oh, and my 'to knit' list hasn't really gotten any shorter. (I suppose I will have to finish that scarf and hat set for Aunt Diane, as we'll be living in the same city now. I've been putting that off for far too long, but as I don't have a new job lined up just yet, I might have some extra knitting time. We shall see.)

I'm going to relinquish control of the computer to my brother now, so he can spend more time playing his damn game.

No comments: