Sunday, April 17

Weekend update

So I went to church this morning.

Calm down -- I won't be spouting any of that religious stuff. I promise. If I do, you can hit me. But I did have a good time. It was quiet, except for the bilingual operatic soloist who made a few appearances. I met some very cute children -- one boy and one girl --, who were sitting with their parents in front of me (Sidney, the girl, is four or five; Alexander is probably two or three). Not having to sing (like my mother always requests when I'm home), not knowing anyone (except for Du Huang, who turned out to be the choir director), not being obligated to say anything, not having to do anything whatsoever -- except wonder if I've stolen someone's seat -- is something that I don't get to do very often (at least when I actually go to church). But no, I don't plan on attending the United Methodist Church again. After all, it was only for anthro class.

So anyway, we (Dustro, Shoe Diva, the verysmallRA and I) watched Glorious, which was hilarious, as always.


“'(complete nonsense through stretched-out lips),' said a posh person to me today… He also said, '(nonsense resumes)' And I believe him! It’s my duty to go. Little Johnnie, little Susie, I’m off to the war.”
“Don’t go, Daddy, don’t go.”
“I must go.”
“Bring us back something, Daddy, will you?”
“I’ll bring you back a Nazi with real hair.” (Walks away normally, then turns into a galloping giraffe.)

- Eddie Izzard, Glorious
from Cake or Death



And yesterday I got to do a little catching up with Jenn the Wonder Medic, who came for the big Westie-palooza. We talked about lots of random things; she got me up-to-date on some of the people I went to high school with, we compared hair (hers is also natural colored, but much longer than I've seen it in years), I told her about the crazy roommate, she told me about living alone (and I was jealous), and she told me about the new school she'll be teaching at this fall (there's a bronze pillar just inside the main entry, which they will apparently be covering with bark to make it look like a tree). It was good times. Hooray for Dorian!

So I should go, after having written this novella of a post twice (since Blogger went temporarily insane a little while ago). I've got things.

No comments: