Wednesday, March 2

Update

As if I didn't cry enough yesterday ...

I just got back from seeing Hotel Rwanda with a couple of friends, and frankly, it was spectacular. I know that the whole audience was crying. I heard lots of sniffles. I can't even describe the movie. It was so well done, so phenomenal, so heartbreaking, so real. I felt like I didn't know a damned thing about what happened in '94 in Rwanda, and I don't see how something so massive could be glazed over. One million people dead in three months. Murdered. What is this world?

And the Situation has not resolved itself, even though I talked to the queen of Student Life today. I think I may pay Counseling a visit next, because I don't know if I can handle my living situation any more.

But on to lighter things, such as Thursday. It's my brother Matt's 16th birthday. Also, Dustro and I will be taking a field trip to Elkader to see Beth directing her heart out [figuratively, of course] at a band concert. I'm so excited to see her teaching skills put to use!

I also saw a preview for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is coming out in May. I'm beyond excited about that.

So if tomorrow happens to involve tears, I will have cried every day in March thus far. Huzzah.

No comments: