Wednesday, February 9

Meteora

Meteora


I thought that I might write a little about the trip, since the only pictures of it that I've put up are the small ones on the side [which seem to get all bunched up in Explorer]. This shot is from one of a cluster of monasteries in Greece, which are collectively referred to as Meteora [meh-TAY-oh-rah, as opposed to the Linkin Park album mee-tee-OH-rah]. I was standing on one of the hills and taking a picture of the town below, Kalambaka. You can learn a little bit more here, if you like. We did not get so see the Grand Meteoron [the second photo down] because it was closed that day, but we saw a few of the others: Varlaam, Stephanou [St. Stephen], and the Holy Trinity [which involved way too many stairs].

A little more about Meteora can be found here.



And I've had a rather not-so-happy Wednesday. Things seem to keep appearing out of the blue that I'll have to do in the next few days or hours, and it makes me grouchy.

No comments: