Sunday, November 14

Newsworthy

I'll give you a quick briefing on Iowa City ...

I just have to say that Patrick is one of the most stunning people I have met. His fashion show ended up not being really about fashion, but instead a commentary on the world. Most fashion shows [that I know of] don't usually have a plot, much less a setting. The setting that Patrick invented was one of post-apocalyptic anarchy, in which there was a drug dealer adorned in glow-sticks, a bride [Patrick's boyfriend, filling in at the last minute, who looks bafflingly like Eddie Izzard when dressed in drag] who gave birth to a dead baby, a prostitute, a groom, and an old woman who wore a very large coat with moth silhouettes scattered about it. Patrick did all the work - he wrote the script [which he read while the characters did their acting] and the music [which had an industrial/techno sort of sound], designed the set and costumes, and all in all produced an awesome show. To me, it seems as though he's had a 180-degree turn from who he was in high school ... and I absolutely adore him and envy him for it.

Also, there are some awkward differences to be experienced between people who go to state schools and people who go to private schools. Or at least RT and I thought so.


In national news ...

Wal-Mart has become kind of stalker-esque, and apparently some Americans have thought of a new location for Atlantis. Those Americans think they know everything - they think they're so smarty.


And in local news ...

I made dinner last night with TB and pinkoperadiva in the newly-completed Larsen kitchen, and we did it Olive Garden-style. It was good times - we had crusty-yet-soft bread with yummy dipping oil, salad with Italian dressing, Roma tomatoes, and parmesan cheese, pasta with tasty sauce, and a little white zin for fun. I also bought new blue dishes in a gorgeous cobalt blue color. After dinner [and donating some leftover salad to a hungry RA], we purchased some Ben & Jerry's and plopped in front of the tv to watch the remade version of Freaky Friday, which was pretty fun. Jamie Lee Curtis is such a flexible actor.

I auditioned for the Vagina Monologues today, and I'm excited to have a chance to actually perform in it instead of sitting passively in the audience. "My vagina's angry. It is. It's pissed off."

Also, I never realised until today that I had so much emotion invested in my friends and their well-being. It kinda freaked me out a little bit, but then I understood that it was okay to love your friends and to want to take away their problems, because you know they'd do the very same if it were the other way around.

No comments: