Tuesday, November 30

Be obscene

I just got the latest Marilyn Manson CD the other day, Lest We Forget. I have to say that I love it. I haven't really been a hardcore listener of MM, except for the occasional excursion with "The Beautiful People" [it's all relative to the size of your steeple]. But I love that MM has covered one of my favorite Depeche Mode songs, "Personal Jesus," which I caught on the radio and which convinced me to buy the CD in the first place, and Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)," which no-one could not love. At any rate, it's a good CD, and well worth the money.

I would also like to take this moment to let you all know that there's a "whole 'nother" side to me that you might not suspect. I'm kind of a closeted punk/anarchist. Some of you know that I'm relatively anarchy-inclined when it comes to religion - I'm just not comfortable with mass groups deciding what I should believe [or who I can and cannot marry, for that matter]. I just do not understand why anyone with so-called "Christian values" (or morals, or whatever they're calling them these days) can act in a manner that is so incredibly un-Christian. Christ I'm sure was a fine upstanding black man, and you can see that he fought for the underdog, for the minority. And now we see these old white men in the old white house who have the control of this diverse, striking, and amazing patchwork of people living trying to make a living in this country.

And I think it's disgusting.

I want to be able to say what I want without having to be politically correct. I'm sorry, but sometimes there are jsust too many people to please, and frankly, everyone cannot be satisfied. That's what we get as Americans - freedom to think and feel how we want. However, acting upon either of these things is punishable if it offends too many people. Bullshit.

Okay, so I don't really know where I was going with that, and I'm tired, so I'll cut it short. Good night.

No comments: