Monday, August 9

Emotions gone wild

As I mentioned before, yesterday was my parents' 23rd anniversary. Instead of coming back to D-land on Saturday as I had promised B, I stuck around to sing in church for the 'rents. I sang a song called Song of Thanks, which had some very nice naturistic references. When I was finished, I walked back to the pew to sit by my dad for the rest of the service. I looked at him, and to my surprise, he was crying. I have only seen him cry two other times [to my recollection]. Both of those were at funerals. Wait -- three times. Three funerals.

Anyway, I sat down and also started crying. Not the loud kind, thankfully, but still. Runny nose and all. It's a good thing the church decided to put little packets of tissues in the pews ...


And now today is T-day, so we're off to Iowa City do get our freak on. Oh, and I met M last night, after much ado [or at least hearing a lot about her from D]. She is very funny and I don't understand why she hasn't shown her face around here before now.

No comments: