Tuesday, May 11

Two things.

Firstly: On a small quest for hilarity while scanning AIM profiles, I ran across this article at the [Minneapolis-St Paul] Star Tribune.

Secondly: You may recall the field of daffodills in the movie Big Fish. I know I do. It was very touching, heartfelt, and obsessive.

I've noticed something similar happening on campus [right in front of Main], but it is definitely not touching or heartfelt, although it may be a bit obsessive, if in disgusting and not-very-pleasing-in-the-least sort of way.

Dandelions.

I don't really know why everyone thinks they're so wonderful. I mean, look at them. They look kind of trampled and nasty and invasive.

I could be wrong, of course. Perhaps they're attempting to match the dandelions to the bright marigold color of the freshly-painted lines on the street. They draw the color in so nicely - it's like tying the grass in to the street, using dandelion-marigold-yellow as an accent color ...

No comments: