Sunday, February 15

Sunday biddy Sunday

Well, no. I haven't actually seen my biddy today, but I know she's alive. Much love, biddy!

I've had a pretty enjoyable weekend thus far. I spent some time with JA last night. She told me about her J-term trip to Tanzania while I looked at many rolls of pictures. She's so smart. JA retains so much more knowledge than I do. It's wonderful. She had lots of pictures of bugs [or pictures where the bugs left] ... lots of flowers [she dissected one and people thought she was crazy] ... and, of course, the wonderful animals. There are shots of elephants charging, lions lounging in the shade of the cars, and the lovely Olduvai Gorge with the Shifting Sands. JA learned a lot about the Maasai, and how to properly pronounce Swahili; and though she doesn't know much, she does know that rafiki means 'friend' and that pumbaa does not mean 'warthog.'

Anyway, I finished JA's scarf [pocketed and wonderful] and we watched the South Park movie and a bit of Red Dwarf and Doctor Who. Good times were had by all.

Today I got up early to sing in church. We were fine, I think ... mostly hesitant. Afterward I had a lovely brunch date with my friend and neighbor NC in Peace Dining Room. The food was wonderful [much better than the standard caf leftovers] ... and I love croissants. A lot. I stole some. Mmm. We had a beautiful time and got some good chatting done - something we hadn't done for quite a while.

Now I'm off to do homework and help with the final V-Mon performance. I plan to have a relaxing night with as little stress as possible. We'll see how that plays out. Ta.

No comments: