Wednesday, February 18

Cold water, then hot water

Having been in the Chips office until just after 2am, I was a bit tired and I expected to sleep a good long while. This was not meant to be, I have come to understand. At around 8.45, nature called, so I donned my flipflops to head into the bathroom next door.

Bleary eyed, I opened my door and noticed a distinct nasty-looking spot on the floor in front of my room - someone had "exploded" in the middle of the hall. ["Exploded" being the polite term. A more fitting description would be "didn't make it to the bathroom in time to not hurl on the floor."] I was thoroughly sicked out, but proceded to the bathroom anyway, making my way around the mess.

I arrived to an unexpected mass of people bustling about their bathroom business. I made my way to the first stall, but quickly backed out, as the same mess I discovered in the hallway was also displaying itself proudly all over the toilet seat, stall wall, and floor. I shuddered, did my business in another stall far away from the first, and headed back to bed.

I woke up some time after 10 to the sound of Roger, the building custodian, talking [as always] quite loudly outside my door. [Between my room and the bathroom is one of the custodial supply closets.] He was talking to someone about cleaning up the mess. I laid in bed for a while, not particularly wanting to move, listening to the hum of various pieces of equipment - the tune of Roger cleaning up the nasty mess. I decided to get up and brush my teeth, so once again I put on my flipflops and went for the door.

This time there was no vomitous mess, but instead some wet-yet-cleaner-looking carpet. Roger was standing there, since he was putting things back in the closet, and he proceded to tell me exactly how he had gotten the stain out of the carpet. The process included at least two different appliances and the proper application of cold water, hot water, and vomitous mess remover. I, of course, was greatly appreciative, and told him so.

As I was retreating to my room, I noticed another freshly-vacuumed spot down by B's room. I felt sad, so I left a note reading, "Someone left a vomitous mess outside my door, too."


And that has been my day thus far.

No comments: