Friday, February 27

The Case of the Purloined Wallet

... and Other Valuable Things [as mentioned previously.]

Collegiate had to sing for the Ash Wedneday service in the CFL [as preparation for tour next week], and we were getting ready in the CRH [recital hall behind the main hall] - the usual. That particular night there were people that had to rehearse something back there before we would get done singing, so we moved our stuff to the hallway just outside the CRH. There's a coatrack there, and our robe racks got pushed out there, too. Our stuff was lined up along the wall and whatnot - we were in a hurry to get upstairs. Late as usual.

After we finished singing we went downstairs to shed the robes, retrieve the stuff, and get the hell out of there. I had a meeting to get to, so I was in a hurry. I stuck my hand in my coat pocket to look for something, and I didn't feel my keys right away. Checked the other pocket - nothing. I looked everywhere for them. All over the building. I came back to the CRH to tell TP. When I got back, another person couldn't find his leather jacket [his keys were on the floor where his coat had been], a girl's cell phone was taken. Upon hearing all of this, TP checked his wallet only to find that he was missing the $40 he had gotten from a cash maschine just before we sang.

So we filed a police report. Yadda yadda. I went to the rest of my meeting, then decided to check my voice mail on the way out in hopes that something had happened. Lo and behold, there was a message from a guy in my choir saying that he had found my wallet in his bag, and he didn't know how it had gotten there. I went to his room to retrieve it, only to find that my meager $3 was missing.

We're going on tour next week. I have no money. Again. It sucks.

No comments: