Saturday, December 27

Dialect

I feel kind of snobby when it comes to matters of accent or regional dialect. I have found that it is increasingly difficult to listen to a conversation between family members. Especially my uncle and my grandma. He has a weird accent that screams "I live in Missouri!" and her laugh just makes my insides want to have an upheaval. It's not pretty. In fact, it makes me sad.

I suppose it's not only the way the words come out, but the content of the conversation. My uncle talks about deer and hunting and eating deer sausage way too much. It's a little revolting, especially since he brought at least six large chunks of deer sausage to our house for the holiday. That grosses me out.

But at least I'm getting really stylish lately. [This thought has been interrupted by an emergency notice : I want to go pierce something.] I have dyed my hair again and am getting new glasses very soon. Exciting.

Well, back to the family and their stimulating conversations.

No comments: