Thursday, August 14

What a fabulous day

I was all pumped yesterday to watch the Olympics and my weekly dose of Bravo drama — Project Runway and Shear Genius. I went to my parents' house around 6:30, caught a spot on the couch, pulled out my knitting and settled in. Not twenty minutes later, my brother walked in and said, "Hey. I'm gonna go see Dark Knight again. Wanna go? I mean, I know you'll miss Runway ..." The kid knows me too well. I looked at him for two seconds, then replied, "Really?!" and he said all he'd have to do was call and say he wanted two tickets instead of one.

(Let me stop here and say that my brother works for the theater, and as a bonus they can get up to two tickets to movies that have been out at least a few weeks. He loves that aspect of his job.)

So I finally got to see Dark Knight. It was phenomenal. I think it might be one of my favorite Batman movies already. One of my favorite parts was the semi that was made to say 'Slaughter is the best medicine.' (I know. I'm gruesome like that.) But really, the movie is definitely worth seeing, and I can't wait to see it again. I really enjoyed myself.

I got home around 11:15 or so, hoping to catch the second run of Runway. For some reason, Bravo decided to play Kathy Griffin instead, and then *two* bloody runs of Shear Genius, so I watched some Olympics. They didn't re-run Runway until 2 am, but you better believe I watched. And you know what? I'm so pumped about next week's Runway I can hardly stand it. It took about all I had in me at 3 am as I watched the teaser not to squeal. 'Cause you know what next week's challenge is?

Drag queens.

Holla atcha boy. Oh my dude. Hells yeah. I could not be a happier camper. I mean hello? Chris March is the PR love of my life, right next to Jay McCarroll. I love me some costume-y fashion.

And can I let you in on a little secret? I kinda wanna be a drag queen. (Oboekönigin knows this; I confided this to her in May.) Kinda like Connie and Carla, except without all the hiding from the mob. I just wanna be fabulous. And the guest judge is RuPaul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i so agree - drag queen fabulous is the way to go.

in all aspects of life!

Sam Love said...

i, too, have always harbored drag queen aspirations. mayhaps we can be... drag biddies? :-P