Thursday, May 1

Ooh, it's that creepy eye!

I took a few photographs of the magnolia next to the courthouse. They've been blooming lately, and they look gorgeous.



As I was webbing the paper* this afternoon, I caught a couple of spelling mistakes that I know SpelChek would have caught (despite our layout program's dreadfully inaccurate dictionary). For instance, "improbe." One of the correction choices was "improve," which was the correct choice. The other was "imp robe." I would very much like to read a story that has imp robes in it.

Right.

I was almost returned to being a one-cat household last week. I hadn't seen Gwiffen for almost a week — I'd let her outside because it was so nice last week. She turned up on Tuesday, and is doing quite well.

Oh, and my brother was one of the four characters in the spring play (Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie) last week. Here he is with the girlfriend, who played his mother.


Check out those eyes!


Now I've spent my afternoon listening to the Sweeney Todd and Aida soundtracks, playing a little Snood and a little PackRat, I'm content. I think I'll go home and read about ebola. That's really all. I finished this post precisely two hours after beginning it. Crazy.


*webbing the paper: putting this week's edition online.

No comments: