Friday, April 13

Don't worry, I'm here!

Hello, friends, and welcome to another edition of "Crimson's Been A Very Bad Blogger"!

As today is the infamously known and insidious Friday the 13th, I thought it would be a good day to post something other than a meme. (Really, although I like memes to a point, posting two in a row is quite unnecessary.)

Firstly, the forsythia (aka Giant Shrub Of Doom) in all its yellow splendor. It has since passed the flowering stage; all the flowers are brown and leaves are slowly beginning to bud. Really, it looks like it died. But it didn't.



Secondly the stash, which fit rather neatly on a twin size inflatable mattress (you might recognize this, Dustro, as I crashed on the very same mattress for the NYE bash). I put it in front of the forsythia on the lawn, but all you could see were the trimmings, so I went with this shot instead. I took it on April 2, the day after the official Flash Your Stash day, but I didn't think many would care.



And lastly, hats.



The description attached to the pattern for this first one said "makes baby look like tree elf" or something. I thought it would be a cute little hat for baby T. Baby T and momma D are coming up in May for a bit of a visit.



This last one is one momma D requested: a hat with a skull. I did her one better and put four on it. The skulls are loosely based off Hello Yarn's We Call Them Pirates hat. The skull pictured has an eyepatch, which I saw somewhere else and thought it was entirely too clever. It's a rectangular hat, by the way, with tassels on the top corners. Very adorable. I had my mom iron some interfacing on the strands on the inside so they won't catch on anything. It should keep it safe from puckering, I hope.

The yarn for both hats is Dale of Norway Stork, 100% cotton and very soft. I held it doubled in the skulls hat, as I learned that fingering weight doubled is the same as worsted weight.

I made another black and white hat for baby T, just a simple striped beanie that I haven't photographed yet. I'm working on a pair of black no-slip baby booties in the remainder of the yarn. I might embroider little white skulls on them, if I have a chance. I think momma D will be pleasantly surprised.

I've also been working on more stuff for The End swap, and trying to come up with a really good package for the last SP8 sendoff by the end of this month. I've got some entrelac-in-the-round to start up here pretty soon, so I best get to that. And perhaps read through my feeds, as my Google Reader is full up of interesting stuff to know.

I signed up to go to the 25th anniversary of Pike Kor and Norsemen; I'm waiting to hear back from LC. I'm kind of excited. I hope BS and D(S)O'M were able to sign up, too. It should be fun.

2 comments:

Sara M said...

EYEPATCH!!! That is The Coolest for a baby ^_^ And, wow, you colour-organized your stash...

Sara M said...

Okay, I just realised that my comment may have looked funny... I was refering to the eyepatch on the skully (on the hat)... too cool :D